If you find yourself in an abusive relationship or think you may be in an abusive relationship, or if a family member or relative is trying to pressure, threaten, or coerce you into having sex, or if you were sexually abused as a child, here are some resources which may help:
- Relationship Bill of Rights – A list of basic rights that apply to any relationship.
- Love Is Respect is an educational resource about abuse. The website contains pages for survivors and perpetuators of abuse and also information on how to help friends and family members who are experiencing or committing abuse.
- The Network/La Red is a survivor-led organization for ending partner abuse.
- Kindred Spirits is an active forum for people who are in or have been in consanguinamorous relationships and many of them can provide support based on their experience.
- RAINN – Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network
- RAINN Centers – Find help near you.
- National Sexual Assault Online Hotline – RAINN
- Abusive Relationship Signs – HelpGuide.org
- Pandora’s Project – What to do if you have been raped
- Talking Trees – An empowerment organization that creates resources and support for adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse and abusive incest
If you need immediate help, or just need to talk to someone, you can call the National Abuse Hotline at (800) 799-7233.